Step six: Upgrade your Learner Licence online or at a TMR office.

You may now log in online or visit a TMR office,  to upgrade from your Learners Licence to your Restricted (R) Licence.  If you hold a full Australian driving Licence, you will receive an RE Open Licence (no P-plates are required).  If you currently hold a provisional driving licence, you will need to display the corresponding P-plates.  If you prefer, you can wear a vest that clearly displays a capital ‘P’ of the relevant colour, on the back.