- Be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia, or a temporary overseas visitor (for more information on International Licences, contact Service NSW).
- Have a NSW residential address.
- Be at least 16 years and six months of age on the date of the Pre-Learner Course.
- Have a current driver’s licence or TfNSW Customer number (obtained from Service NSW).
- Be able to pass an eyesight test and be medically fit to complete the training and hold a rider licence.
- Ensure your licence is not currently suspended or ineligible.
- Have no outstanding fines with the State Debt Recovery Office.
- Have no restrictions in force for improper conduct.