Skip to main content

What are the requirements for getting a motorbike licence in NSW?

To get your motorcycle licence, you’ll need to complete your NSW Pre-Learner course

— a two-day motorcycle licence NSW practice test. Then you’ll need to make an appointment with Service NSW to complete your computer-based Driver Knowledge and Eyesight Tests.

To become a P-Plater, you’ll need to have had your L-Plates for a minimum of three months (no later than the 12-month qualifying period) and then apply for an NSW Pre-Provisional License Course Including Skills Test (MOST).

To convert your overseas licence to be eligible for NSW roads, then you can apply for the Pre-provisional MOST/Skills Test Only.